Thursday 27 December 2012

My 2nd project - Drapery + Lining

After our succeed in making our first draperies for our craft room, we have decided to move on to our master bedroom. It's gonna be even more challenging this time because the fabric we've picked has repeated floral patterns in them, which means I gotta match them if I have to widen the panels, which means... MORE CALCULATIONS!!!



In order to make perfect draperies, I can't be lazy, ironing plays an important part.




It's such a mess in my lovely craft room.




Keeping a long piece of fabric straight is very difficult when 
my working table isn't big enough, but my table is actually quite big already!!!!
Cutting fabric straight is also very difficult too. 
Many times I am off by half an inch, sometimes even an inch!




I did enough calculations for the draperies but I still have to calculate another set for the lining. 
My husband decided to help me on that as he is good in calculations!!




All these works are made possible because of the internet. I went through many websites to find out the type of window treatments I can handle and calculations for every single detail. 
Youtube has also helped me a lot as I went through many video tutorials too. 




Another DIY project completed!!!
This took about a weekend to do, compare to the first drapery for my craft room, I spent two weekends. It's a lot of work and they are heavy but I enjoy it! 

Will I do more?
ヽ(^。^)ノ 
You'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment