Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Time


It's Christmas couple days ago and this year I decided to handmade presents for my friends and relatives. Preparation started back in about end of October where I purchased fabrics online, usually took about 3 weeks for shipping. I didn't know what I wanted to make when I bought the fabrics though, but at least buying them was a way to start this Christmas project!



These fabrics were purchased from etsy.com and fabricworm.com



I also handmade some ornaments which I didn't know where I would use them but I just did them. 
These were made on the weeknights while my husband and I listened to the radio station.





I also bought some cards at 'One of a Kind Show' to go along with my presents. The special thing about these cards were the emboss texture which made them more unique than others. I would usually take pictures of the presents before I handed them out, as I know I would miss them a lot.




One of the presents I planned to do was this little cute fabric basket. This was just a demo I tested myself. It's easy to make and practical as anything that put in there made them beautiful!




I did two in a row =) Not bad eh?! The blue looks more standout but the other one looks more French.

Now it's time to make a real one for my friend:


That's all the materials needed for making a fabric basket! 
The bottom fabric is lining - this makes the basket stronger and can stand by itself.


My husband and I usually share this craft table at night but 
because it was full of fabrics and so he couldn't find a space to read....
but he was happy that he finally found a corner.  =)





The hardest part was to sew outside and inside basket (lining) together. I used canvas to make the  inside basket, so I needed a lot of strength when stitching them together.


I made it!
With a pair of socks inside made it even more like a complete present.


Last but not least, I added a little tag that I stamped it myself.

That took about 1 1/2 hours to complete and I enjoyed it a lot!
I hope my friend would like it too when she receives this present.


No comments:

Post a Comment