Friday 28 December 2012

More Christmas Presents!

My sister-in-law loves cooking and so I planned to make her something that she can use them while she cooks. I made a set for myself couple months ago and I found them very useful and pretty to display in the kitchen. I hope she'd like it!


A. Bird Shape Pot holder



I found the template and instruction from a Japanese website - apalog.com/studio-clip_craft/.
I don't read Japanese so it took me a long time to figure out every single step.


This holder has to stand heat. So a layer of insulation has to add in.
The fabric is made of cotton + linen. It's not as soft as cotton, 
so it's very suitable for making holder like this. The diagonal lines are sewn one by one just to make it prettier~~


what's the end product look like? you'll see!


Here comes the 2nd one:

B. Lid holder





This instruction was even harder to understand for this one and I felt so amazed that I could actually follow the step without understanding a single word of Japanese!!


Again, this needs insulation too. 




My fingers got really tired because I needed a lot of strength to push fabric along the sewing machine. These fabrics are now in 3 to 4 layers. They are thick!!!



bird shape pot holder + lid holder are made!


No comments:

Post a Comment